Julia is a high-level, high-performance dynamic programming language, based on Matlab syntax, that aims to deliver scientific computation with an emphasis on speed.
I am collecting materials related to the project here.
- http://julialang.org/: the project homepage
- Public Web REPL (from Forio)
- https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia: source code and wiki
- Official Julia Blog
- Discussion Group
- Wikipedia Article
- StackOverflow Tag
Jeff Bezanson and Stefan Karpinski gave at talk on April 3, 2012 at Microsoft's Lang.NEXT 2012 conference:
- John Myles White
- Douglas Bates
- The Endeavour (John D. Cook)
- Konrad Hinsen's Blog
- A Matlab Programmer's Take on Julia
- Quant Pythonista (Wes McKinney)
Statistics with Julia
I am running a short blog series highlighting some features of the Julia language, and ultimately showing some basic statistics with the language. I will show some comparisons to R at various points.